Meet Our Current Doulas
*DONA certified doula since 2015
*Certified Childbirth Educator
*Baby Talk group facilitator
*Owner of In Bloom Births, a full service Doula Agency offering Labour Support, Postpartum Care, Childbirth Education
"Birth, in all of it’s forms is transformative, brave, and beautiful. My greatest passion is to support and educate families with compassion, knowledge and care in order for them to feel both empowered and resilient as they venture into the mystery and unfolding of their unique birth story."
- Christine Pritchard
* DONA trained birth doula(working towards certification)
* Mother of three daughters(hospital births with a midwife)
* Offering low cost/no cost birth while working on certification
"Pregnancy and childbirth can be one of the most wonderful yet frightening times in a woman's life. With a calm, quiet demeanour, I provide mothers, their partners and families with reassurance through this time. I'll help make the wonderful more wonderful and the frightening a little easier to cope with."
* DONA Certified Birth Doula, CD(DONA)
*Certified Prenatal Yoga Instructor
*First Aid and CPR certified
* Mother of 2 wild boys - 1 hospital birth, 1 home birth
* Early Childhood Educator since 2002 with extensive experience supporting and guiding families of young children according to their needs. Currently a StrongStart Program facilitator.
* Knowledgeable in current resources and information pertaining to conception, pregnancy, birth, the early postpartum weeks, and breastfeeding.
* Experience supporting mothers and their partners in both hospital and home settings.
* Open and welcoming to all expectant parents, including LGBTQ and teens.
"Birth is a powerful, life-changing event in your life. I am in awe of women's strength and natural birthing instincts during labour and birth. My goals as your doula are to help you and your birth partner tap into your strengths, to nurture you, to encourage you, and to help you achieve your most desired and positive birth experience possible; leaving you feeling supported, listened to, empowered and divine."
- Serena Oliveira
* Completed my Wise Woman Way of Birth Doula Certification with Gloria Lemay in 2009
* Experienced in providing holistic nurturing care and advocacy for home, hospital, cesarean and VBAC births
* Comfortable and experienced supporting families of various backgrounds and walks of life, including LBGTQ and young families
* Provider of comprehensive breastfeeding support and postpartum care
* Seasoned at offering informed consent, choice and up to date evidence-based education for the childbearing year (conception, pregnancy, birth & postpartum)
* Mother of 2 wildly-willed boys, both born at home in the Comox Valley
"On the other side of fear, there is freedom. Freedom is felt in the embrace of your power."
- Kerry Collier
* DONA Certified Birth Doula CD(DONA) * Mother of 4 grown children and Grandmother of 5
* Experience with teen birth, cesarean birth, and VBAC
* Cultural Competency Training Certificate for supporting Indigenous women
* Excellent communicator and enjoy working as a team
* I live in Black Creek and serve Courtenay and Campbell River
* Certified/experienced in supporting First Nations mothers, funded through the B.C. Association of Friendship Centers, for Aboriginal women(when funding available)
Find me on facebook: www.facebook.com/KerrysDoulaCare
"I love the miracle of childbirth and how unique each birth is. I like to empower women and their partners to have the most positive birth experience they can have. I bring a strong, calm presence to birth as well as my flexibility. Included in my service is a written photographic documentation of your birth."
- Abby BuckleyAbby Buckley
* DONA trained (with Mothering Touch) Birth and Postpartum Doula in process of completing certification
* Certified Breastfeeding support
* Working towards a Midwifery degree
* Extensive childcare experience
* Comfortable supporting military personnel as I was raised in a military family
* Open minded and adaptable, I support moms and families through the complexities of cesareans, adoptions, LGBTQ relationships, young families, large families, and teen pregnancies.
“I have always wanted to support people my whole life, and when I found out what Doulas do, I knew that’s what I wanted to be. While certifying with DONA, I’m willing to negotiate lower rates for birth doula support. I have over a decade of childcare experience and would love to help moms care for their little ones, postpartum.
No matter what you do, who you are, and whether this is your first or your fourth baby, if you need support, I will be there for you!”
* DONA trained since 2000
* Prodoula Certified Birth Doula (2016)
* Prodoula Certified Postpartum and Infant Care Doula
* First Aid and CPR certified
* Currently working with Andrea Postal at In Bloom Births
* Live in Black Creek, for a quick commute to either Campbell River or Courtenay
* Experience with VBAC, Cesarean birth, epidurals, multiples, water birth, homebirth, hospital, preterm, high risk and surrogacy.
* Happy to support all different styles of families: surrogate, single parents, LGBTQ
"After two decades of supporting families in the transition of parenthood, I recognize that one of the most valuable pieces of a positive birth experience is support. I believe strongly in non- judgmental support, and that your birth and parenting choices should be honoured. My life experience has given me the skill of being able to relate to people at their most vulnerable, while attuning to what you need, making you feel deeply nurtured and safe. My best tool I bring is a warm, gentle and calming presence. When I am not being a doula I am spending time being a mom to my daughter and I'm also a fibre artist. My other roles allow for a flexible schedule for being a reliable doula."
- Leah Taylor
Coordinator of Comox Valley Doulas Collective
* DONA Certified doula CD(DONA), MA
* Mother of two phenomenal people (both premature births)
* Over 11 years' experience providing evidence-based compassionate doula care in home and hospital environments.
* Experienced in supporting mothers through planned/urgent Cesarean birth, VBAC, teen births, twins, high-risk or premature labour/birth
* Excellent professional connections with local midwives/physicians, public health and hospital staff.
* A mentor/educator on evidence-based perinatal research; member of perinatal advisory committees
* Trained in breastfeeding and respectful, non-judgmental newborn care
"Media has taught women to fear birth; but the truth is that pregnancy and childbirth can be the most powerful, empowering and miraculous experiences in a woman's life. It's an honour to be able to provide women and their birthing partners with quality information, skilled support and competent, compassionate care so your birthing experience is a positive experience for all."
Comox Valley Doulas