Who We Are.
The Comox Valley Doulas are a group of women from diverse backgrounds who offer professional, experienced labour support to childbearing women and their supporters before, during and immediately after the birth of their baby.
We believe that every woman has the right to a gentle, informed, safe and supported birth. We are dedicated to enhancing women’s birth experiences in the present so that future generations will also benefit.
– To provide physical and emotional support for the childbearing woman and her partner during and immediately after the birth of the baby;
– To make care affordable, regardless of ability to pay;
– To encourage choice based on knowledge of evidence-based and balanced alternatives;
– To support the woman in her birth choices;
– To provide a continuous, professional standard of care;
– To assist childbearing women in linking with community resources;
– To help protect a mother’s birth memory.
In hiring a doula it is the consumers responsibility to check the doulas experience and/or certification. Not all doulas are trained or certified but they may still be very experienced and offer valuable support. Ask questions! The Comox Valley Doulas are a collective; this website was developed to provide informative, easy, “one-stop” access to multiple doulas; however, each doula listed on this site is a sole proprietor.
Comox Valley Doulas